Test OverviewHair analysis is a relatively inexpensive screening tool for toxic metal exposure as well as nutritional mineral status. It reflects the average levels of metals circulating in the blood over the period of time required for growth of the hair sample used.
- First-line test for evaluating Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger's Syndrome, Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD), and learning disability.
- First-line test for evaluating depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.
- First-line test for evaluating autoimmune disorders, joint pain, and psoriasis.
- First-line test for evaluating Alzheimer's Disease.
- First-line test for evaluating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
- Environmental toxicity.
- Seizure disorders.
- Possibly useful in evaluating poor or excessive appetite, recurrent otitis media, herpes, and dry skin.
- Your doctor will provide you with the sample collection kit.
- Hair dyes, hair perms, and other treatments may contain toxic metals that affect results; if you use these products, pubic or arm-pit hair may be used.
- Detailed instructions are in the sample collection kit.
Your doctor or lab may have different instructions that supersede the above.
Labs Performing Test
|Name of Lab||Lab Code||Estimated Cost||Processing Time||Comments|
|Great Plains||$135||Cash discount and some insurance|
Costs cited are subject to change and may be reduced by insurance or cash discounts and increased by sample collection fees.