Test OverviewThe effieicency of major pathways of liver detoxification can be evaluated by testing saliva and urine samples after provocation with measured doses of common over-the-counter medications (caffeine, asprin, acetaminophen). Not recommended for children under 12 years old.
- Suspected problems with detoxification of drugs or environmental toxins.
- Avoid taking any medications containing asprin or acetaminophen (Tylenol) for 24 hours prior to starting the test and during the test.
- Avoid any foods containing caffeine (NoDoze, energy drinks, colas, tea, coffee, chocolate) for 24 hours prior to starting the test and during the test.
- Avoid alcohol, fruit, licorice, peppermint, nuts and seeds for 24 hours prior to starting the test and during the test.
- Do not collect urine sample during menstruation.
Your doctor or lab may have different instructions that supersede the above.
Labs Performing Test
|Name of Lab||Lab Code||Estimated Cost||Processing Time||Comments|
Costs cited are subject to change and may be reduced by insurance or cash discounts and increased by sample collection fees.