Test OverviewRed blood cell (RBC, erythrocyte) metal analysis gives a current snapshot of functional mineral status as well as toxic metals. Since it measures the mineral content inside blood cells, it gives a better indication of the minerals that the body is actually absorbing and utilizing. Since the average lifetime of RBC is about 4 months, the results reflect an average over the past 4 months [FDM].
- First-line test for evaluating nutritional mineral status.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger's Syndrome, Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD), and learning disability.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.
- Autoimmune disorders, joint pain, and psoriasis.
- Alzheimer's Disease.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
- Environmental toxicity.
- Seizure disorders.
- High blood pressure.
- Your doctor will draw the blood sample or refer you to a blood draw facility in your area.
- Sample collected in two Royal Blue top tube with EDTA, 4 ml minimum, full tube preferred. Invert 10 times to ensure mixing, centrifuge, and decant.
Your doctor or lab may have different instructions that supersede the above.
Labs Performing Test
|Name of Lab||Lab Code||Estimated Cost||Processing Time||Comments|
|Great Plains||$270+draw fee||Cash discount and some insurance|
Costs cited are subject to change and may be reduced by insurance or cash discounts and increased by sample collection fees.
- Copper - essential mineral for Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) [FDM].
- Magnesium - essential mineral for Phase I detoxification, blood pressure regulation, and cardiac function [FDM]. Deficiency associated with migraine headaches [FDM]. May be depleted by diruetics [FDM].
- Aluminum (Not included in GP panel?) - Associated with Parkinson's Disease [FDM].
- Arsenic - Associated with aplastic anemia [FDM].
- Cadmium - Associated with hypertension, cancer, and erectile dysfunction [FDM].
- Lead - Associated with Parkinson's Disease and other neurological diseases [FDM].
- Mercury - Associated with Parkinson's Disease and other neurological diseases and psychologial disorders [FDM].