Red Blood Cell Mineral Panel
Dr. Weyrich's Naturopathic Functional Medicine Notebook
To Schedule a Telephone Consultation with Dr. Weyrich Click Here
Red blood cell (RBC) metal analysis gives a current snapshot of functional
mineral status as well as toxic metals.
Since it measures the mineral content inside blood cells, it gives a
better indication of the minerals that the body is actually absorbing
Since the average lifetime of RBC is about 4 months, the results reflect an
average over the past 4 months [FDM].
- First-line test for evaluating nutritional mineral status.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD),
Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger's Syndrome,
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD, ADHD), and learning disability.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.
- Autoimmune disorders, joint pain, and psoriasis.
- Alzheimer's Disease.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia.
- Environmental toxicity.
- Seizure disorders.
- Your doctor will draw the blood sample or refer you to a blood draw facility
in your area.
- Sample collected in two Royal Blue top tube with EDTA, 4 ml minimum,
full tube preferred. Invert 10 times to ensure mixing, centrifuge, and decant.
Your doctor or lab may have different instructions that supersede the above.
Labs Performing Test
|Name of Lab||Lab Code||Estimated Cost||Processing Time||Comments|
|| ||$270+draw fee|| ||Cash discount and some insurance|
Costs cited are subject to change and may be reduced by insurance or cash discounts and increased by sample collection fees.
- Copper - essential mineral for Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) [FDM].
- Magnesium - essential mineral for Phase I detoxification,
blood pressure regulation, and cardiac function [FDM].
Deficiency associated with migraine headaches [FDM].
May be depleted by diruetics [FDM].
- Aluminum (Not included in GP panel?)
- Associated with Parkinson's Disease [FDM].
- Associated with aplastic anemia [FDM].
- Associated with hypertension, cancer, and erectile dysfunction [FDM].
- Lead - Associated with Parkinson's Disease and other neurological
- Associated with Parkinson's Disease and other neurological diseases
and psychologial disorders [FDM].
Note that excessive Iron is also associated with Parkinson's Disease [FDM].
Unless specifically noted above, references used in the construction of this
web page include the following:
Lecture notes from Functional Medicine University.
Lecture notes from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Lecture notes from the University of Tennessee graduate programs in
Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Great Plains Laboratory Physician Training lecture notes and documentation.
Copyright © 2007-2012 Dr. Weyrich.
The information on this site is for educational purposes only.
It is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or illness.
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the
Food and Drug Administration.
If you have a health concern or medical condition,
consult a licensed healthcare provider.
Dr. Weyrich is licensed by the State of Arizona to practice medicine
(license number 07-1008).
This web page is http://www.DrWeyrich.com/labs/rbc_mineral.html
Phone Dr. Weyrich at (888) 391-0414